River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP.
Job Type: Full-time 42.5hrs with optional overtime available (Seasonal – March to October)
Wage: Negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience.
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Horticulture qualifications would be advantageous
but not a must. Full Driving Licence.
Start date: Can be flexible from Monday 26 th February 2024 onwards.
Interview Dates: By arrangement.
To apply: Application forms can be found HERE.
Email completed application forms to email@example.com
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly team at River Dart Country Park as a
Campsite Warden with a seasonal pitch available for the right candidate.
River Dart Country Park sits on 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park. The
Park is one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites and is packed with activities. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas, the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
River Dart Country Park is a multi-award-winning business, and we pride ourselves on
achieving the highest of standards. If you think you have the skills and passion, we would
love for you to join our friendly team as a Campsite Warden.
- Act as a first point of contact for holiday makers staying on our 4* Touring Site.
- Supervise the Campsite team.
- Helping with enquiries and any problems which arise in a helpful and friendly manner, to ensure customers have an enjoyable stay.
- Showing campers to their pitches when required
- Provide information about the park and types of attractions on site.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of grass cutting and collection of refuge and the upkeep on the Touring site.
- Monitor that all the campers adhere to the company’s rules and regulations, terms and conditions.
- Adhere and promote company risk assessments and health and safety policies.
- Repair or report any faults with equipment to the Estate Manager/ General Manager
- Liaise with Grounds and Housekeeping to ensure the appearance and cleanliness of the Touring site.
- Taking and reconciling payments including any necessary paperwork.
- Liaising with the office staff to ensure smooth running of the busy touring site.
- Liaising with your Line Manager to cover night-time rotas allowing 24hr callout cover for campers.
- Carry out jobs as requested and approved by Line Manager and assist with other jobs when required by other Managers.
- Make sure that the correct PPE and uniform is being always worn.
- Be able to create work lists and prioritise jobs.
- Help to train new part time staff.
- Carry out all work only when adequately trained to do so.
- Oversee cleaning procedures of all Campsite facilities and amenities to a high standard.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Professional and effective email writing.
- Able to interact in a mature manner with colleagues and customers.
- Committed to providing a high standard of service.
- First aid certificate desirable but not essential.
- Be able to work to a timetable and deadlines.
- Full driving licence.
- Honest and Trustworthy.
- Able to work as part of a team and alone unsupervised.
- Hard working and committed.
- Must be able to deal with any problems which arise with customers in a calm and effective manner.
- Have excellent time keeping.
- Can prioritise jobs in order of importance.
- Well-motivated, flexible, friendly, and enthusiastic approach to work.
- A high standard of personal hygiene and smart appearance.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Be able to be on a weekly rolling 24 hr callout rota.
- Work in accordance with the Country Parks environmental policy.
- In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of employment and adhere to River Dart Country Park policies.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- A seasonal pitch for your own caravan for the right candidate (includes Wi-Fi)
- Nationally recognised qualifications.
- Free use of our Dartmoor Bike Park.
- Free Park entry for yourself and family* *Up to 2 adults and 3 children per visit.
- 20% food & beverage discount whilst you are working.
- Discounted camping for you and your family.