Dare Devil activities are CRS instructor supervised adventurous activities.
- Canoeing – On our lake in Native American Indian type canoes. Safety equipment provided for up to 3 people in a boat for 30 minutes of wet fun. Capacity of up to 3 persons (£10 per boat & equipment) Minimum age is 2 but must fit in safety equipment.
- High Ropes Course – A fun and exciting treetop challenge. 21 Elements of high adrenalin fun, to test your nerve and confidence, and now crossing the river Dart. Takes about 45 minutes to complete, all safety equipment is provided. Minimum age is 8 years old. Please wear stout shoes, not sandals, crocs or similar (£19 per go).
- Kayaking – On our lake on a single sit on top kayak with safety equipment supplied (£6 per person, 30 minutes)
- Mega Zip Wire – Harness up and jump from a 15m high treetop platform down 150m long wire and over our lake! Minimum age is 8 years old (£8 per go) Weight restrictions apply.
- Climbing – New for 2021! The Climbing Experience is home to a 5.5-meter Ridgeline Climbing Wall. Consisting of two routes, use the range of hand holds to get to the top. If you are ready to up your game it’s time for 7.5-meter wall, consisting of four routes. All climbs are on auto belays, the instructor will clip you on and off the safety cable. As well as this there is the purpose-built Bouldering Box great for perfecting your traversing skills. (£10 per person) Minimum weight 3 stone maximum weight 17 stone.
- Caving – New for 2021! Our cave is an exciting replication of real caving. Test your skills by navigating the passageways, tight tunnels, boulders, and chambers. You will be kitted up in a helmet and torch and then it’s time to enter the twist and turns of 90 meters of passageways. (£6 per person) Minimum age 5 years. The caving system may be difficult/uncomfortable for any participant over 6’4’ high, 44” chest, 20” shoulder, & 42” waist.
Dare Devils Prices
Prices vary per activity (see above). Age and height restrictions apply on some activities and Instructors have absolute discretion. Pre-booking is essential at www.riverdart.co.uk
Dare Devils OPENING TIMES for 2021
Weekends During May
May Bank Holiday 1st May – 3rd May
May Half Term 29th May – 6th June
Weekends During June & July
Summer Holidays 12th July – 5th September
Weekends During September
Weekend of 2nd – 3rd October
We have a selection of mountain bikes suitable for enjoying a ride around the River Dart Country Park.
We Do Not Recommend that you use these bikes on Dartmoor Bike Park due to the nature of the riding and damage that can be caused to the bikes.
Bike hire is offered on a daily basis, on selected dates and MUST be pre booked at www.riverdart.co.uk at least the day before the day of hire.
Pick up time 9am-9.30am
Drop off time 5pm
Completion of a terms and conditions form MUST be completed on collection for all hires by an adult (18yrs & over). Bikes will NOT be released without completion of the form.
Bikes available in the following sizes:
20” wheel – recommended for 6-9 years or 3’10” – 4’6”
24” wheel – recommended for 8 -11 years or 4’2” – 4’9”
26” wheel – recommended for 9-12 years 4’6” – 5’0”
18” Frame – recommended for 5’6” – 5’11”
20” Frame – recommended for 5’11” – 6’4”
Child Bike Trailer, able to fit to our hire bikes and most other bikes.
All bikes supplied with a helmet.
“A fantastic tree top trail not for the faint of heart, zip line, zorbs and plenty more to keep kids of all ages happy.”