Food & Drink
Grub’s Up! At River Dart Country Park we are dedicated to providing great quality local food & drink. Our food, wherever possible, is sourced in Devon and prepared on site.
The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant
- Fully licensed and open daily Apr to Sept.
- Open weekends only Oct to March (including events) Friday from
4pm, Saturday 7:30am– 11pm, Sunday 7:30am– 5pm.
Oct to March – Park entry is free, parking fees apply.
- Every Sunday from 12pm – 3pm (12pm – 8.45pm during high season)
- Not available during Christmas and New Year period.
- Choose from a selection of local meats and a superb choice of vegetables and roast potatoes. A vegetarian medley is also available.
- No pre-booking required.
Adults £10.95 Children UNDER 12 £5.95
Oasis Beach Hut (seasonal)
Located by the Pirate Ship and Lake, the Oasis Beach Hut and takeaway offers a range of hot pasties, sausage rolls, ice-creams, and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
Visitors to the park are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy one of the outdoor picnic tables. Please note there are a limited amount of undercover areas with picnic tables.
Supporting local suppliers
- Meat sourced from Westcountry farmers including Yates & Son.
- Brixham fishmongers supply us with fresh Cod for the perfect fish and chips.
- BDF located in Bovey Tracey provide our fruit and vegetables.
- We use eggs from hens that live in a natural and free environment. Free range from Williams Farm, Chagford and Layth’s Farm and Poltimore.
- Potatoes from Warcombe Farm, Kingsbridge.
Tasty ice cream from Yarde Farm.
- Devon Rock (Bays Brewery) – A flavoursome craft lager.
- Tarka Pure Lager (Otter Brewery) – A vibrant and exciting premium lager. Also, rich-toned malty beer, Otter Ale (Otter Brewery).
- Devon Red (Sandford Orchards) – A wonderful medium bodied cider.
- Fanny’s Bramble (Sandford Orchards) – A refreshing fruity cider with blackberries.
- Dead Man’s Fingers Rum (St Ives, Cornwall) – We stock Spiced, Coconut and Coffee.
- Lugger Rum (Lyme Bay Winery) – Defined by vanilla and spice characteristics.
- Lyme Bay Gin (Lyme Bay Winery) – Fresh, floral and citrus bursts.
- Salcombe Gin (Devon) – Exceptionally smooth with layers of complexity.
- Tarquin’s Cornish Gin – A modern take on a classic London dry.
- Wicked Wolf Gin (Exmoor) – A small batch, handcrafted award-winning gin.
- Quick Gin (Exmouth) – A great tasting gin with a remarkable flavour profile.
- Plymouth Gin – The original, a gin for connoisseurs.
- Luscombe Tonic and Juices (Devon) – Elegantly flavoured tonics and seasonal fruit juices.
- Frobishers Juices (Exeter) – The perfect balance of sweet and tangy juice drinks.
- Tarka Springs (Devon) – Fantastic quality water full of natural vitamins.
“The food was amazing, hot, well flavoured, local produce. I have been a high end chef for 20 years and I couldn’t fault it.”