05/10/2021 PARK CLOSURE NOTICE – The River Dart Country Park is closed from 5th October 2021 – end of January 2022.
Access to the river
Canoeists are welcome to canoe on the river between the following dates:
• Upper section – below Dartmeet bridge to Newbridge from 15th October until 14th March
• Middle/lower section – Newbridge, Poundsgate to Totnes weir from 1st October to 14th
Please do not paddle above Dartmeet on the East and West Dart nor any of the tributaries. These are legally protected due to the Salmon spawning redds and damage to the redds is a criminal act.
The egress points are at Dartmeet, Newbridge, Waterworks Bridge and at Totnes. The BC allow egress at Holne Weir (below Holne Bridge) on river left bank, but please note there is limited parking available on this narrow part of the road. The existing Egress at Holne Bridge is closed.
Paddlers are welcome to paddle on the river through the Park, we politely request that if you wish to use our land or any of our facilities, that you respect our property.
There is no canoeing or paddling permitted during the summer months.
Parking for paddlers
The car park at Newbridge (please check tariffs) is limited in size.
Following road improvement works at Holne Bridge, there is now no space for parking. The egress is now closed permanently.
Parking at the River Dart Country Park
- Parking at River Dart Country Park is NOT possible due to Park closure from 5th October 2021 – end of January 2022.
- For vehicles with 8 – 17 seats & 18 + seats please contact email@example.com.
- Paddlers not wishing to use the facilities at the Park will need to egress at Totnes. We have been informed that the egress at Buckfastleigh (Butterfly Farm / Steam Railway) has now been closed.
- Commercial operators please contact our events team on 01364 655918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PADDLING SEASON
Whilst we welcome all of our padders to the River Dart Country Park, we do ask you respect a few simple rules.
• All boats MUST be carried from the car park to the river and back again.
• All cars MUST be parked in the car park.
• Parking is NOT permitted on any access roads, all passing places must be kept clear.
• Any person running courses from our site must first obtain permission from the General Manager.
We ask you respect our other customers, if you need to change in the car park please use the top tier only.
Any paddlers caught in breach of our rules run the risk of being banned from the site.