The River Dart Country Park & Holne Park House will open to paddlers at weekends for the winter season.
Access to the river
The Dart Fisheries Association welcomes paddlers on the river from 1st October 2019 until 22nd March 2020 with access from Dartmeet, Newbridge, River Dart Country Park / Holne Weir. Please do not paddle above Dartmeet on the East and West Dart nor any of the tributaries. These are legally protected due to the Salmon spawning redds and damage to the redds is a criminal act.
The egress points are at Dartmeet, Newbridge, Waterworks Bridge and at Totnes. The BC allow egress at Holne Weir (below Holne Bridge) on river left bank, but please note there is limited parking available on this narrow part of the road. The existing Egress at Holne Bridge is closed.
Paddlers are welcome to paddle on the river through the Park, we politely request that if you wish to use our land or any of our facilities, that you respect our property.
There is no canoeing or paddling permitted during the summer months.
Parking for paddlers
The car park at Newbridge (please check tariffs) is limited in size.
Following road improvement works at Holne Bridge, there is now no space for parking. The egress is now closed permanently.
Parking at the River Dart Country Park
- River Dart Country Park, via the main entrance, is available for paddlers to park at weekends through the winter season.
- There is a pay and display car parking charge for the day (£4 for up to 2 hours and £8 for the day) and residents will be issued with a dated, non-transferable car pass.
- Visitors that pay the car parking charge will be able to use, at weekends unless by prior arrangement, the communal boot room area for changing and the communal showers.
Winter car parking pass
- For vehicles with up to 7 seven seats, a winter car parking pass is included in our Annual Membership.
- For vehicles with 8 – 17 seats – £120, 18 + seats please contact reception. – Passes can be obtained through reception.
- The Old Sawmill cafe bar will be open at weekends offering hot drinks, snacks, food and beer and a Carvery on Sunday – Please no wet clothing inside!
- Paddlers not wishing to use the facilities at the Park will need to egress at Totnes. We have been informed that the egress at Buckfastleigh (Butterfly Farm / Steam Railway) has now been closed.
- We would like to encourage paddlers to use our facilities and stay on site. Please see
accommodationpage for details.
- Commercial operators please contact our events team on 01364 655918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and Regulations for the Paddling Season
Whilst we welcome all of our padders to the River Dart Country Park, we do ask you respect a few simple rules
- All boats MUST be carried from the car park to the river and back again
- All cars MUST be parked in the car park.
- Parking is NOT permitted on any access roads, all passing places must be kept clear.
- Only food purchased in the Cafe can be consumed in the Cafe
- Any person running courses from our site must first obtain permission from the General Manager
We ask you respect our other customers, if you need to change in the car park please use the top tier only.
Any paddlers caught in breach of our rules run the risk of being banned from the site.