Company name: CRS Adventures Ltd – Based at the River Dart Country Park
Position: Seasonal Full Time Outdoor Instructor
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: £18,750 – £19,750 P.A Dependent on experience, and level of qualifications
Hours: Average of 40 hours per week
First Aid Certificate.
UKCC Level 1 coach or Canoe and Kayak Sheltered water award,
Two years experience in the outdoor industry.
Desired Qualifications: D1 Licence, Cave leader training
Start date: May 2021
To apply: Email email@example.com to request an application form.
CRS Adventures is one of the largest Outdoor Education Centres in the South West, situated on the unique and beautiful grounds of the River Dart Country Park on the edge of Dartmoor. We have a reputation for excellence and professionalism; we operate to the highest safety standards, maintain a wide client base and offer residential and non-residential courses with an unrivalled number of exciting water and land based activities.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable to clients at all times. When working for CRS Adventures we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Run and supervise activity sessions for all clients to a high standard.
- Clients may be the general public, corporate groups, schools groups, college groups and others.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working.
- Maintain high personal standards of technical best practice through course delivery.
- Follow and understand all operating procedures and risk assessments.
- Day and Night time Supervision of clients when needed.
- Undertake maintenance work when needed.
- Follow instructions from line manager and work to the highest standard possible at all times.
- May be required to perform duties of another position that are with in your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- On going personal professional development is essential.