Company name: River Dart Country Park Ltd
Reporting to: Head Chef, Retail/Catering and Bar Manager
Position: Chef (Full time)
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Kitchen Experience needed.
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Level 2 Health and Hygiene Qualification.
Start date: ASAP
Interview Dates: As required
To apply: Email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form downloadable here.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential, and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- To liaise with the head chef, regarding all aspects of kitchen work. Including to prepare, cook and present food to the highest standard.
- To ensure the smooth day to day running of food outlets across site under the responsibility of the head chef. To support the executive chef in the Holne Park House kitchen during weddings and events.
- Cleaning of the stock areas and kitchen. Ensuring all E.H.O. and H.S.E. responsibilities for the responsible areas are completed. Making sure all kitchen paperwork is correctly filled in and signed off daily.
- Keeping of accurate daily cleaning and allergy records for all events, functions, schools etc.
- To comply with the River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- Ensuring all cleaning and servicing of equipment is up to date and correct. Promptly & efficiently reporting any problems/faults with equipment to the head chef.
- Correct use of the recycling/ food waste bins.
- Ensure all deliveries are packed away using the correct manual handling procedure. Making sure the goods are stored in the correct place neatly. Keeping high standards of stock control – Rotation, records and minimizing wastage.
- Maintain the highest level of health, hygiene and safety while working. Must have a high level of personal hygiene.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required. Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- To develop skills and knowledge within current role as far as possible. Ongoing personal professional development is essential.
- National recognised qualifications.
- Free use of our Dartmoor Bike Park.
- Free entry to the park for you on your days off.
- 20% food discount whilst you are working.
- Discount off camping for you and your family.
- Personal protective equipment provided.
- Plastic shield at workstations.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitisation, disinfection, or cleaning procedures in place.
Interviews will be conducted following socially distanced guidelines.