River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Job Type: Full-time 42.5hrs
Wage: £9 per hour dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Machinery certificates required. Full Driving Licence.
Start date: ASAP
Interview Dates: By arrangement.
To apply: Email completed application form to email@example.com
Application form is downloadable here.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
• You must be able to work to an exemplary standard and be capable of working under your own initiative.
• Be able to work with speed and efficiency, whilst demonstrating confidence and flexibility.
• Excellent timekeeping. Flexibility with working hours is essential, working 5 days out of 7 to include weekends and evenings.
• Excellent customer service is essential.
• A high standard of personal hygiene and smart appearance.
• Situations may arise that require you to perform other duties for the Managers of the different departments.
Although this is advertised as a Seasonal position, it may become permanent for the right candidate.
• Working as a team and assisting other colleagues with tasks when required.
• Carry out equipment safety checks and report any defects on check sheets.
• Helping with enquiries and any problems which arise in a helpful and friendly manner, to ensure customers have an enjoyable stay.
• Maintaining cleanliness and high standard of appearance of our adventure playgrounds and touring site.
• Part of the role will be cutting of grass and strimming.
• Be able to use and drive a wide variety of machinery safely.
• Adhere to company risk assessments and health and safety policies.
• Be able to provide information about the location and types of attractions on site.
• Carry out any task as instructed by line manager.
• Liaising with all staff to ensure smooth running of the site.
• National recognised qualifications.
• Free use of our Dartmoor Bike Park.
• Free entry to the park for you on your days off.
• 20% food discount whilst you are working.
• Discount off camping for you and your family.
• Personal protective equipment provided.
• Plastic shield at workstations.
• Social distancing guidelines in place.
• Sanitisation, disinfection, or cleaning procedures in place.
Interviews will be conducted following socially distanced guidelines.