Company name: River Dart Country Park Ltd
Reporting to: Retail Manager
Position: Front of House and Retail Assistant
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Start date: Immediate
Interview Dates: As required
To apply: Email or post completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application form downloadable here.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential, and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we always expect you to be an ambassador for the company.
- Serving retail and food and beverage products in the food outlets across the site. Including the Old Sawmill café bar, Holne Park House and the Kiosks across site.
- Waiting/serving to tables in a professional manor.
- To ensure that cutlery and glassware is clean, dry and polished. Plus, all refreshments are topped up and clearly labelled. Keeping stock rotation and storage maintained correctly.
- To meet and greet clients and guests in a professional and courteous manner, maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- To ensure all workstations are clean and tidy during and at the end of the shift. Daily and weekly cleaning sheets to be kept up to date.
- To operate the till efficiently and use the correct cash handling procedures.
- To develop skills and knowledge within current role as far as possible. Ongoing personal professional development is essential.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required. Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- Maintain the highest level of health and safety while working. Using the correct manual handling procedures while packing away goods to comply with the River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- Due to the hours required for this position, applicants must be 16 years or over.