Company name: River Dart Country Park Ltd
Reporting to: Retail Manager
Position: Kitchen Assistant
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Start date: Immediately
Interview Dates: As required
To apply: Email or post completed application form to email@example.com. Application form downloadable here.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential, and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we always expect you to be an ambassador for the company.
- Prepare garnishes to accompany the main meals and sweet courses on the Old Sawmill Café menu.
- Assist the chefs in the daily running of the Old Sawmill Café kitchen plus other food outlets across site.
- Wash crockery, pans and utensils to the highest hygienic standard.
- Keep fridges, freezers and stores areas organised and tidy. Keeping stock rotation and storage maintained correctly.
- Maintain the highest level of health and safety while working. Using the correct manual handling procedures while packing away deliveries to comply with the River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- To ensure all workstations are clean and tidy during and at the end of the shift. Daily and weekly cleaning sheets to be kept up to date.
- Correct use of the recycling/ food waste bins. Bins to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of every shift.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required. Flexibility with working hours and ongoing personal professional development is essential.
- Due to the hours required for this position, applicants must be 16 years or over.