Reporting to: Retail Supervisor, Café Manager, General Manager
Position: Retail Assistant
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Shop/Retail Experience
Start date: Immediate
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable to clients at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- To maintain a high level of stock control, including rotation and storage. Using the correct manual handling procedures while packing away stock.
- To be available to meet and greet, interact with clients and staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- To ensure that they are dressed in the appropriate uniform (including name badge) and that all uniform is clean and pressed and that shoes are polished.
- To operate the till efficiently and give the correct change to customers.To ensure all workstations are left clean and tidy at the end of a shift. All daily and weekly sheets to be kept up to date.
- To comply with health and safety, COSHH and training procedures.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role.Serving of ice cream and other food goods.
- Serving hot beverages plus non-alcoholic drinks in food outlets across site.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working. Wearing the correct PPE depending on the task being carried out.
- Undertake maintenance work when needed. May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- To develop skills and knowledge within current role as far as possible.
- Ongoing personal professional development is essential.
The Park is open daily from 10am until dusk.
Learn more about The River Dart Country Park
Kids free, Midweek deals, Extra nights free.
Book your camping, caravan holiday, or B&B online.