Reporting to: Head Chef, Executive Chef, Café Manger, General Manager
Position: Kitchen Porter
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Kitchen Experience
Start date: Immediate
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable to clients at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Wash crockery and utensils to a high hygienic standard.
- Daily cleaning of kitchen and stock areas across food outlets within the site. Ensuring all cleaning of equipment is up to date.
- Deep cleaning of kitchen equipment. Report faults in equipment and Health and Safety hazards to the appointed person.
- Keep stores areas neat and tidy. Keeping high standards stock control – Rotation, records and minimizing wastage. Using the correct manual handling procedures while packing away stock and equipment.
- Keep refrigeration and freezers cleaned and organised.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with staff and customers.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working. Making sure the correct PPE is being worn depending on the task.
- Undertake maintenance work when needed.
- May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- On going personal professional development is essential