Reporting to: Head Chef, Executive Chef, Café Manger, General Manager
Position: Kitchen Assistant
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Kitchen Experience. Level 2 Health and Hygiene Qualification
Start date: Immediate
You may have some experience working in a kitchen environment. You may be looking to develop a career or maybe you are looking for a position with less responsibility to appreciate other things in your life.
You will assist the Head Chef in the preparation of consumables and to relieve in the absence of the assistant chefs.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, plus demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Assist the Head Chef, Executive Chef and Assistant Chef in the daily running of the Old Sawmill Café kitchen plus other food outlets across site.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role.
- Prepare all garnishes to accompany the main meal and sweet courses on both the main and lunch menu.
- To comply with health and safety, COSHH and training procedures.
- Prepare and serve breakfast.
- Prepare the sweet courses.
- Assist in the preparation of picnic and school group lunches.
- Maintain high standards of food and kitchen hygiene.
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of food preparation.
- Keeping high standards stock control – Rotation, records and minimizing wastage. Making sure the correct manual handling procedures are being carried out.
- Relieve in the Deputy Head Chef, Assistant Chef and Kitchen Porters absence.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working. Reporting any breakages or faults in equipment promptly to the appointed person.
- Undertake maintenance work when needed.
- May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- On going personal professional development is essential.
The Park is open daily from 10am until dusk.
Learn more about The River Dart Country Park
Kids free, Midweek deals, Extra nights free.
Book your camping, caravan holiday, or B&B online.