Front of House Assistant
Reporting to: FOH Supervisor’s, Café Manager, General Manager
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous waiting/bar experience
Start date: Immediate
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable to clients at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Following a brief provided by the Events Manager to ensure that rooms are set up as per the instructions of the client or organisers. To ensure all event signage is displayed prior to the arrival of guests for Holne Park House.
- Waiting/serving to tables with a professional manor, serving food and drink keeping to the high standards of service across both Holne Park House and The Old Sawmill Café Bar. Including supporting the service in other food outlets across site.
- To ensure rooms are of sufficient temperature prior to the arrival of guests. Making sure that fires are lit and kept going at all times during the day (and evening if necessary) in winter.
- To ensure that all welcome refreshments are ready prior to the arrival of guests.
- To ensure that all cutlery and glassware is clean, dry and polished. Stored and set up in the correct manner.
- To ensure all equipment is in good working order. To report equipment defects and maintenance issues to the appointed person.
- To maintain a high level of stock control for any relevant event supplies from delegate packs, brochures, flipcharts, pads & pens to bar items, tea, coffee & cutlery or crockery.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role.
- To be available to meet and greet clients in a professional and courteous manner. To take coats when necessary and show guests to cloakrooms.
- To ensure that they are dressed in the appropriate uniform (including name badge) and that all uniform is clean and pressed and that shoes are polished. Making sure the correct PPE clothing is being worn due the nature of the task being carried out. To ensure a high level of personal hygiene is adhered to.
- To behave in a professional and friendly manner to clients and colleagues.
- To check guests in to bedrooms as required.
- To ensure that refreshments are topped up and clearly labelled.
- To carry out any customer request with a polite and professional manner.
- To ensure all workstations are left clean and tidy at the end of a shift. Daily and weekly cleaning sheets to be kept up to date.
- To operate the till and give the correct change to customers. Taking food and drink orders correctly and efficiently.
- Supporting the bar staff when required.
- To maintain a high level of communication with senior management and other staff via any appropriate channel.
- To comply with health and safety, COSHH and training procedures.
- To develop skills and knowledge within current role as far as possible.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working. Using the correct manual handling procedures while packing away goods.
- Undertake maintenance work when needed.
- May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- On going personal professional development is essential.