Front of House Supervisor
Reporting to: Senior Supervisors, Café Manager, General Manager
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Food/Drink Service Experience
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Level 2 Health and Hygiene Qualification
Start date: Immediate
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable to clients at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- To ensure all Weddings/ Corporate Events/ Functions run smoothly and efficiently in Holne Park House.
- The day to day running of The Old Sawmill Café Bar including events/private parties.
- Making sure daily and weekly cleaning sheets are filled out and up to date.
- Supporting the day to day running of two bars - the café bar and HPH bar as well as helping to supervise a pool of staff for the shop, oasis and token hut.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role
- To maintain a high level of stock control and ensure that all waste and breakages are accurately accounted for. All storage areas to be maintained ensuring staff are adequately trained in stock control so that stock is rotated and stored correctly.
- Ensuring that transfers, wastage books and records are kept up to date.
- Maintaining control on budget forecast and working to budgets and targets as agreed by the MD
- Induction training for new staff, making sure high standards throughout all areas of the job are being followed. To keep accurate records of all staff training and assessments.
- To ensure that staff standards and behaviour towards fellow colleagues and customers are appropriate and professional.
- To ensure that all staff are in the correct clean uniform, using the correct PPE for the job they are carrying out.
- Managing staff breaks.
- Ensure the cashing up process is completed correctly. Checking that floats are correct. Accounting for any cash discrepancies.
- To ensure staff are trained to an appropriate level in health & safety.
- Ensuring the cellar is compliant with the current standard enforced by the local council environmental health department. Making sure that line cleaning is done regularly.
- To maintain a high constant level of communication between senior management and staff.
- To report equipment defects and maintenance issues to the appointed person. Undertake maintenance work when needed if with your capabilities.
- To comply with health & safety, COSHH and training procedures.
- To develop your own skills and knowledge as appropriate to the role.
- Dealing with any customer problems and complaints as they arise.
- To work on weekends, evenings and public holidays as required.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working.
- Undertake maintenance work when needed.
- May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- On going personal professional development is essential.
The Park is open daily from 10am until dusk.
Learn more about The River Dart Country Park
Kids free, Midweek deals, Extra nights free.
Book your camping, caravan holiday, or B&B online.