Reporting to: Café Manager, FOH Supervisor, General Manager
Position: Bar Assistant
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Bar Experience
Start date: Immediate
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable to clients at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to customers on both Café bar and Holne Park House bar, including draught lagers/beers, spirits and full training on cocktails.
- Making specialty coffee and hot drink service. Full training will be given.
- Support the food service team with running plates, cleaning tables when required.
- To ensure all equipment is in good working order on the bar.
- To ensure that all glassware is clean, dry and polished and is stored away in the correct manner. Glass and bottle shelves are regularly cleaned and organised. Service fridges are regularly cleaned.
- To maintain a high level of stock control, including rotation and storage. Deliveries to be put away using the correct manual handling procedures.
- Keeping the cellar clean and organised. Changing kegs and general cellar management.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role
- To be available to meet and greet, interact with clients and staff in a professional and courteous manner. To also carry out any customer requests with a polite and professional manner.
- To ensure that they are dressed in the appropriate uniform (including name badge) and that all uniform is clean and presentable. Making sure a high level of personal hygiene is adhered to.
- To ensure all workstations are left clean and tidy at the end of a shift. Making sure the daily cleaning and close down sheets are kept up to date and current.
- To operate the till and give the correct change to customers. Taking food/drink orders correctly and efficiently on the till.
- To maintain a high level of communication with senior management and other staff via any appropriate channel.
- To comply with health and safety, COSHH and training procedures.
- To develop skills and knowledge within current role as far as possible.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working.
- Undertake maintenance work when needed.
- May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- On going personal professional development is essential.