Reporting to: Head Chef, Executive Chef, Café Manager, General Manager
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Kitchen Experience
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Level 2 Health and Hygiene Qualification
Start date: Immediate
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills, plus be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times. Keeping up the high level of hygiene standards is essential within the business.
- To ensure the smooth day to day running of all food outlets across site under the responsibility of the executive chef, and head chef.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role.
- To liaise with the head chef, regarding all aspects of kitchen work. To prepare, cook and present food, to the highest standard.
- Cleaning of the stock areas and kitchen. Ensuring all E.H.O. and H.S.E. responsibilities for the responsible areas are completed.
- Keeping of accurate daily cleaning records for functions, schools etc.
- To ensure company rules and policies are adhered to.
- To comply with health and safety, COSHH and training procedures.
- Ensuring all cleaning and servicing of equipment is up to date and correct.
- Promptly & efficiently reporting faults with equipment and buildings through the proper channels, to ensure the smooth running of all departments.
- Correct use of the recycling/ food waste bins.
- Ensure all deliveries are packed away using the correct manual handling procedure. Making sure the goods are stored in the correct place. Keeping high standards stock control.
- Maintain the highest level of health, hygiene and safety while working.
- Undertake maintenance work when required.
- You may be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
The Park is open daily from 10am until dusk.
Learn more about The River Dart Country Park
Kids free, Midweek deals, Extra nights free.
Book your camping, caravan holiday, or B&B online.