Estate worker - Seasonal position
Reporting to: Estate Manager
Purpose of Job: To make sure that the grounds are kept to a high standard and run smoothly.
- Act as a first point of contact around the Estate.
- Carry out equipment safety checks and report any defects on check sheets.
- Helping with enquiries and any problems which arise in a helpful and friendly manner, to ensure customers have an enjoyable stay.
- Need to provide information about the location and types of attractions on site.
- Maintaining cleanliness and high standard of appearance of our adventure playgrounds and touring site.
- Liaising with all staff to ensure smooth running of the site.
- Monitor that all the visitors adhere to company’s terms and conditions.
- Assist with garden and grounds tasks plus a wide range of other site maintenance tasks.
- Carry out any task as instructed by line manager.
- Assisting with others task if required.
- Carry out all works only when adequately trained to do so.
- Required to drive a wide variety of machinery safely.
- Adhere to company risk assessments and health and safety policies.
- Carry out annual servicing and routine repair work on grounds machinery.
- Help to train other staff on the grounds as to the correct way to carry out site specific specialized tasks.
- Keep the grounds yard and top canteen tide.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer Service and communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm and helpful manner.
- Be of sufficient fitness to be outside all day.
- Have some experience of dealing with the General Public.
- Able to interact in a mature manner with a wide variety of people.
- Committed to providing a high standard of service.
- Must be able to pass on skills and knowledge to new starters.
- Need to work to a time table and deadlines.
- A Full driving licence.
- Honest and Trust worthy.
- Able to work as part of a team and alone unsupervised.
- Hard working and Committed.
- Must be able to deal with any problems which arise with customers in a calm and effective manner.
- Have excellent time keeping skills.
- Need to priorities jobs in order of importance.
- Need to be motivated, flexible and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- A high standard of personal hygiene and smart appearance.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Work in accordance with the Country Parks environmental policy.
- In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of employment and adhere to River Dart policies.