Reporting to: Estate Manager
Purpose of Job: To make sure that the grounds are kept to a high standard and run smoothly.
- Act as a first point of contact around the Estate.
- Carry out equipment safety checks and report any defects on check sheets.
- Helping with enquiries and any problems which arise in a helpful and friendly manner, to ensure customers have an enjoyable stay.
- Need to provide information about the location and types of attractions on site.
- Maintaining cleanliness and high standard of appearance of our adventure playgrounds and touring site.
- Liaising with all staff to ensure smooth running of the site.
- Monitor that all the visitors adhere to company’s terms and conditions.
- Assist with garden and grounds tasks plus a wide range of other site maintenance tasks.
- Carry out any task as instructed by line manager.
- Assisting with others task if required.
- Carry out all works only when adequately trained to do so.
- Required to drive a wide variety of machinery safely.
- Adhere to company risk assessments and health and safety policies.
- Carry out annual servicing and routine repair work on grounds machinery.
- Help to train other staff on the grounds as to the correct way to carry out site specific specialized tasks.
- Keep the grounds yard and top canteen tide.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer Service and communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm and helpful manner.
- Be of sufficient fitness to be outside all day.
- Have some experience of dealing with the General Public.
- Able to interact in a mature manner with a wide variety of people.
- Committed to providing a high standard of service.
- Must be able to pass on skills and knowledge to new starters.
- Need to work to a time table and deadlines.
- A Full driving licence.
- Honest and Trust worthy.
- Able to work as part of a team and alone unsupervised.
- Hard working and Committed.
- Must be able to deal with any problems which arise with customers in a calm and effective manner.
- Have excellent time keeping skills.
- Need to priorities jobs in order of importance.
- Need to be motivated, flexible and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- A high standard of personal hygiene and smart appearance.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Work in accordance with the Country Parks environmental policy.
- In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of employment and adhere to River Dart policies.
The Park is open daily from 10am until dusk.
Learn more about The River Dart Country Park
Kids free, Midweek deals, Extra nights free.
Book your camping, caravan holiday, or B&B online.