Company name: River Dart Country Park Ltd
Reporting to: Retail/Catering and Bar Manager, Supervisors & Assistant Managers
Position: Bar Assistant
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None required
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Bar Experience
Start date: ASAP
Interview Dates: As required
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential, and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to customers on both Café bar and Holne Park House bar, including draught lagers/beers, spirits and full training on cocktails.
- Making specialty coffee and hot drink service. Full training will be given.
- Support the food service team with running plates, cleaning tables when required.
- To ensure that all glassware is clean, dry and polished and is stored away in the correct manner. Glass and bottle shelves are regularly cleaned and organised. Service fridges are regularly cleaned.
- To maintain a high level of stock control, including rotation and storage. Deliveries to be put away using the correct manual handling procedures.
- Keeping the cellar clean and organised. Changing kegs and general cellar management.
- To ensure that they are dressed in the appropriate uniform (including name badge) and that all uniform is clean and presentable for every shift. Making sure a high level of personal hygiene is adhered to.
- To ensure all bar workstations are kept clean and tidy during and at the end of the shift.
- Taking food/drink orders correctly and efficiently on the till.
- To comply with the River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- To develop skills and knowledge within the current role as far as possible. Ongoing personal professional development is essential.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required. Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- Maintain the highest level of health and safety when working. To ensure all equipment is in good working order on the bar.