Front of House Supervisor
Reporting to: Retail/Catering and Bar Manager. Assistant Managers
Position: Front of House Supervisor
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Food/Drink Service Experience
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Level 2 Health and Hygiene Qualification
Start date: ASAP
Interview Dates: As required
An application form can be downloaded here Application form.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- To ensure all Weddings, Corporate Event and Functions run smoothly and efficiently in Holne Park House, from the support of the Assistant Managers.
- The day to day running of The Old Sawmill Café Bar, including events and private parties.
- Making sure cleaning sheets are filled out and up to date. To be signed off daily by the shifts supervisor or Assistant Managers.
- Supporting the day to day running of two bars - the café bar and HPH bar also to supervise a pool of staff for the shop, oasis and token hut. May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role.
- To maintain a high level of stock control and ensure that all waste and breakages are accurately accounted for. All storage areas to be maintained ensuring staff are adequately trained in stock control so that stock is rotated and stored correctly.
- Ensuring wastage books and records are kept up to date.
- Induction training for new staff, making sure high standards throughout all areas of the job are being followed. To keep accurate records of all staff training and assessments.
- To ensure that staff standards and behaviour towards fellow colleagues and customers are appropriate and professional. To maintain a constant high level of communication between senior management and staff across departments.
- To ensure that all staff are in the correct clean uniform, plus using the correct provided PPE for the job they are carrying out.
- Supervising staff breaks.
- Ensure the cashing up process is completed correctly. Checking that floats are correct and changing up cash. Accounting for any cash discrepancies.
- To ensure staff are trained and are adhering to the correct level of health & safety. Maintain the highest level of safety when working
- Ensuring cellar management is compliant with the current standards enforced by the local council environmental health department. Making sure that line cleaning is done regularly.
- To report equipment defects and maintenance issues to the Assistant Manager.
- To comply with health & safety, COSHH and River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- To develop your own skills and knowledge as appropriate to the role. Ongoing personal professional development is essential
- Dealing correctly and efficiently with any customer problems and complaints as they arise.
- To work on weekends, evenings and public holidays as required. Flexibility with working hours is essential
- PLEASE NOTE - ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FULL RECRUITMENT PROCESS- INCLUSIVE OF INTERVIEW, ENHANCED DBS CHECK, REFERENCES, AND PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT CHECKS. ALL GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT WILL BE EXPLORED BEFORE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS GIVEN.