Reporting to: Head Chef. Executive Chef. Catering, Retail and Catering Manager
Position: Kitchen Assistant
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None required
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Kitchen Experience. Level 2 Health and Hygiene Qualification
Start date: ASAP
Interview Dates: As required
An application form can be downloaded here Application form.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential, and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Assist the Head Chef, Executive Chef and Assistant Chef in the daily running of the Old Sawmill Café kitchen plus other food outlets across site. Including to prepare, cook and present food to the highest standard.
- Prepare all garnishes to accompany the main meal and sweet courses on both the main and lunch menu.
- To comply with the River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- Maintain high standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene.
- Correct use of the recycling/ food waste bins.
- Ensuring all cleaning and servicing of equipment is up to date and correct. Promptly & efficiently reporting any problems/faults with equipment to the head chef.
- Maintaining high standards in all aspects of food preparation and service.
- Ensure all deliveries are packed away using the correct manual handling procedure. Making sure all stock is stored and rotated in the correct location. Keeping high standards of stock control – Rotation, records and minimizing wastage.
- Maintain the highest level of safety when working. Reporting any breakages or faults in equipment promptly to the appointed person.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential. To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required.
- Ongoing personal professional development is essential.
PLEASE NOTE - ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FULL RECRUITMENT PROCESS- INCLUSIVE OF INTERVIEW, ENHANCED DBS CHECK, REFERENCES, AND PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT CHECKS. ALL GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT WILL BE EXPLORED BEFORE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS GIVEN.