Reporting to: Retail/Catering and Bar Manager, Assistant Managers and Supervisors
Position: Kiosk Assistant
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: None required
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous Shop/Retail Experience
Start date: ASAP
Interview Dates: As required
An application form can be downloaded here Application form.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Serving of ice cream, hot food and retail items. Plus serving hot beverages plus non-alcoholic drinks in food outlets across the site.
- To maintain a high level of stock control, including rotation and storage. Using the correct manual handling procedures while packing away stock.
- To ensure that they are dressed in the correct uniform (including name badge) and that all uniform is clean and pressed for every shift.
- To operate the till efficiently and use the correct cash handling procedures.
- To ensure all workstations are left clean and tidy at the end of a shift. All daily and weekly cleaning sheets to be kept up to d
- To comply with the River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required. Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- To develop skills and knowledge within current role as far as possible. Ongoing personal professional development is essential.
- PLEASE NOTE - ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FULL RECRUITMENT PROCESS- INCLUSIVE OF INTERVIEW, ENHANCED DBS CHECK, REFERENCES, AND PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT CHECKS. ALL GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT WILL BE EXPLORED BEFORE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS GIVEN.