Front of House Assistant
Position: Front of House Assistant
Reporting to: Retail/Catering and Bar Manager. Supervisors and Assistant Managers.
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: NONE
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous waiting/bar experience
Start date: ASAP
Interview Dates: As required
An application form can be downloaded here Application form.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable with an elevated level of personal hygiene. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Waiting/serving to tables in a professional manor. Serving food and drink keeping to the high standards of service, across both Holne Park House and The Old Sawmill Café Bar. Including supporting the service in other food outlets across site.
- To ensure that all cutlery and glassware is clean, dry and polished. Stored and set up in the correct manner.
- To report equipment defects and maintenance issues to the manager on duty.
- Working in multiple departments across site and external work placements within your role.
- To meet and greet clients in a professional and courteous manner. Maintain a high level of communication between colleagues across departments.
- To ensure that you are dressed in the appropriate clean and pressed uniform (including name badge) and ensuring a high level of personal hygiene is adhered to.
- To check guests in to accommodation as required.
- To ensure that refreshments are topped up and clearly labelled. Keeping stock rotation and storage maintained correctly.
- To ensure all workstations are clean and tidy during and at the end of the shift. Daily and weekly cleaning sheets to be kept up to date.
- Supporting the bar and retail team when required, you may be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- To comply with the River Dart Country Park training procedures.
- To develop skills and knowledge within current role as far as possible. Ongoing personal professional development is essential.
- To work on weekends, evenings, and public holidays as required. Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- Maintain the highest level of health and safety while working. Using the correct manual handling procedures while packing away goods.
- PLEASE NOTE - ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FULL RECRUITMENT PROCESS- INCLUSIVE OF INTERVIEW, ENHANCED DBS CHECK, REFERENCES, AND PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT CHECKS. ALL GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT WILL BE EXPLORED BEFORE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS GIVEN.