Gate Attendant (Seasonal)
Reporting to: Colin Clark
Position: Office Manager
Location: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP
Wage: Negotiable dependent on Age and experience
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Excellent customer care, Good skills in Mathematics and English
Desired Qualifications/ Experience: Previous customer experience
Start date: March 2018
End Date: November 2018
Interview Dates: As required
An application form can be downloaded here Application form.
River Dart Country Park is set in 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park and has been one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites for over 20 years. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
We are looking for a friendly, smiley, outgoing person with good customer care to work weekends and school holidays. Ideal position for a student. You must be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and be capable of working under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and it is imperative that you can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. You need to be able to work with speed and efficiency, and demonstrate confidence and flexibility. You must be fully competent with all aspects of the job and treat all equipment with respect, notifying your line manager of any faults. Excellent timekeeping is essential, and employees must be presentable to clients at all times. When working for River Dart Country Park we expect you to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- To welcome customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Cashing up of monies taken at end of shift.
- May be required to perform duties of another position that are within your capabilities.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential.
- PLEASE NOTE - ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FULL RECRUITMENT PROCESS- INCLUSIVE OF INTERVIEW, ENHANCED DBS CHECK, REFERENCES, AND PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT CHECKS. ALL GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT WILL BE EXPLORED BEFORE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS GIVEN.