Food & Drink
“The food was amazing, hot, well flavoured, local produce. I have been a high end chef for 20 years and I couldn't fault it.”
At the River Dart Country Park we are dedicated to providing good quality local food & drink. Our food, wherever possible, is sourced in Devon and prepared on site.
The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Fully licensed and open daily Apr to Sept (weekends only Oct to March*), The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant is located next to the shop and serves high quality food all day, including a children’s menu.
Every Sunday from 12pm - 3pm (12pm - 8.45pm in high season), except Christmas and New Year, choose from a selection of local meats and a superb choice of vegetables and roast potatoes. A vegetarian medley is also available.
Adults £9.95, children £4.95
Day Ticket & Carvery Offer - £17.50, children (under 13) £11.25
Tickets must be purchased at the gate.
*From October to March, The Old Sawmill is open Friday from 5pm, Saturday 10am - 11pm & Sunday 10am - 6pm. Park entry is free, only parking fees apply. Spend £10 on food (excludes drinks) to redeem your car parking against the cost of your meal!
Oasis Beach Hut (seasonal)
Located by the pirate ship and lake, the Oasis beach hut and takeaway offers a range of freshly made sandwiches, ice-creams, and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
Visitors to the park are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy one of the outdoor picnic tables. Please note there are a limited amount of undercover areas with picnic tables.
Supporting local suppliers
- Meat and Vegetables are sourced from West Country farmers including Yates & Son
- Brixham fishmongers supply our cod for fish and chips.
- BDF based in Bovey Tracey provide our fruit and vegetables.
- Free range eggs from Williams Farm, Chagford and Layth's Farm, Poltimore whose hens live in a natural and free environment
- Potatoes from Warcombe Farm, Kingsbridge
- Burts crips, made in Plymouth.
- Yarde Farm supply our delicious ice cream.
- Soft drinks including Tarka Water, Luscombe Drinks in Buckfastleigh and Frobisher apple and orange juice who are based in Exeter.
- For those after something a little strong why not try Ashridge ciders from Totnes with their Devon Blush and organic vintage ciders
- Otter Ale from the South West's leading breweries.
- World famous Plymouth Gin is also available and Cornish Rattler