Food & Drink
“The food was amazing, hot, well flavoured, local produce. I have been a high end chef for 20 years and I couldn't fault it.”
At the River Dart Country Park we are dedicated to providing good quality local food & drink. Our food, wherever possible, is sourced in Devon and prepared on site.
The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Fully licensed and open daily Apr to Sept (weekends only Oct to March*), The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant is located next to the shop and serves high quality food all day, including a children’s menu.
2018 February Half Term open 10am - 5pm (Food Served 12pm - 4pm)
2018 October Half Term open 10am - 5pm (Food Served 12pm - 4pm)
Every Sunday from 12pm - 3pm (12pm - 8.45pm in high season), except Christmas and New Year, choose from a selection of local meats and a superb choice of vegetables and roast potatoes. A vegetarian medley is also available.
Adults £9.95, children £4.95
Day Ticket & Carvery Offer - £18.50, children (under 11) £12.20
Tickets must be purchased at the gate.
*From October to March, The Old Sawmill is open Friday from 4pm, Saturday 7:30am - 11pm & Sunday 7:30am - 5pm. Park entry is free, only parking fees apply. Spend £10 on a main meal (excludes drinks) to redeem your car parking against the cost of your meal!
Oasis Beach Hut (seasonal)
Located by the pirate ship and lake, the Oasis beach hut and takeaway offers a range of hot pasties, sausage rolls, ice-creams, and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
Visitors to the park are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy one of the outdoor picnic tables. Please note there are a limited amount of undercover areas with picnic tables.
Supporting local suppliers
- Meat sourced from Westcountry farmers including Yates & Son.
- Brixham fishmongers supply us with fresh Cod for the perfect fish and chips.
- BDF located in Bovey Tracey provide our fruit and vegetables.
- We use eggs from hens that live in a natural and free environment. Free range from Williams Farm, Chagford and Layth’s Farm and Poltimore.
- Potatoes from Warcombe Farm, Kingsbridge.
- Tasty ice cream from Yarde Farm.
- Devon Rock (Bays Brewery) - A flavoursome craft lager.
- Tarka Pure Lager (Otter Brewery) – A vibrant and exciting premium lager. Also, rich-toned malty beer, Otter Ale (Otter Brewery).
- Devon Red (Sandford Orchards) - A wonderful medium bodied cider.
- Fanny’s Bramble (Sandford Orchards) - A refreshing fruity cider with blackberries.
- Dead Man’s Fingers Rum (St Ives, Cornwall) - We stock Spiced, Coconut and Coffee.
- Lugger Rum (Lyme Bay Winery) - Defined by vanilla and spice characteristics.
- Lyme Bay Gin (Lyme Bay Winery) - Fresh, floral and citrus bursts.
- Salcombe Gin (Devon) - Exceptionally smooth with layers of complexity.
- Tarquin’s Cornish Gin - A modern take on a classic London dry.
- Wicked Wolf Gin (Exmoor) - A small batch, handcrafted award-winning gin.
- Quick Gin (Exmouth) - A great tasting gin with a remarkable flavour profile.
- Plymouth Gin – The original, a gin for connoisseurs.
- Luscombe Tonic and Juices (Devon) – Elegantly flavoured tonics and seasonal fruit juices.
- Frobishers Juices (Exeter) – The perfect balance of sweet and tangy juice drinks.
- Tarka Springs (Devon) – Fantastic quality water full of natural vitamins.