Food & Drink
“The food was amazing, hot, well flavoured, local produce. I have been a high end chef for 20 years and I couldn't fault it.”
At the River Dart Country Park we are dedicated to providing good quality local food & drink. Our food, wherever possible, is sourced in Devon and prepared on site.
The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Fully licensed and open daily February half term 16th - 24th. Open 10am - 5pm, Food 12pm - 4pm.
Open daily Apr to Sept (weekends only Oct to March*), The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant is located next to the shop and serves high quality food all day, including a children’s menu.
Every Sunday from 12pm - 3pm (12pm - 8.45pm in high season), except Christmas and New Year, choose from a selection of local meats and a superb choice of vegetables and roast potatoes. A vegetarian medley is also available.
Adults £9.95 Children £4.95
2019 Day Ticket & Carvery Offer - £19.50, children (under 11) £12.70 (Offer available: April 7th - Sept 29th + Oct half term)
Tickets must be purchased at the gate.
*From October to March, The Old Sawmill is open Friday from 4pm, Saturday 7:30am - 11pm & Sunday 7:30am - 5pm. Park entry is free, only parking fees apply. Spend £10 on a main meal (excludes drinks) to redeem your car parking against the cost of your meal! (Excludes February half term 16th - 24th 2019)
Oasis Beach Hut (seasonal)
Located by the pirate ship and lake, the Oasis beach hut and takeaway offers a range of hot pasties, sausage rolls, ice-creams, and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
Visitors to the park are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy one of the outdoor picnic tables. Please note there are a limited amount of undercover areas with picnic tables.
Supporting local suppliers
- Meat sourced from Westcountry farmers including Yates & Son.
- Brixham fishmongers supply us with fresh Cod for the perfect fish and chips.
- BDF located in Bovey Tracey provide our fruit and vegetables.
- We use eggs from hens that live in a natural and free environment. Free range from Williams Farm, Chagford and Layth’s Farm and Poltimore.
- Potatoes from Warcombe Farm, Kingsbridge.
- Tasty ice cream from Yarde Farm.
- Devon Rock (Bays Brewery) - A flavoursome craft lager.
- Tarka Pure Lager (Otter Brewery) – A vibrant and exciting premium lager. Also, rich-toned malty beer, Otter Ale (Otter Brewery).
- Devon Red (Sandford Orchards) - A wonderful medium bodied cider.
- Fanny’s Bramble (Sandford Orchards) - A refreshing fruity cider with blackberries.
- Dead Man’s Fingers Rum (St Ives, Cornwall) - We stock Spiced, Coconut and Coffee.
- Lugger Rum (Lyme Bay Winery) - Defined by vanilla and spice characteristics.
- Lyme Bay Gin (Lyme Bay Winery) - Fresh, floral and citrus bursts.
- Salcombe Gin (Devon) - Exceptionally smooth with layers of complexity.
- Tarquin’s Cornish Gin - A modern take on a classic London dry.
- Wicked Wolf Gin (Exmoor) - A small batch, handcrafted award-winning gin.
- Quick Gin (Exmouth) - A great tasting gin with a remarkable flavour profile.
- Plymouth Gin – The original, a gin for connoisseurs.
- Luscombe Tonic and Juices (Devon) – Elegantly flavoured tonics and seasonal fruit juices.
- Frobishers Juices (Exeter) – The perfect balance of sweet and tangy juice drinks.
- Tarka Springs (Devon) – Fantastic quality water full of natural vitamins.